- Planning and Development Strategy
- Structural Adjustment and Sectoral Adjustment Operations
- Economic and sector work (ESW)
- Programs / Project Identification, Preparation, Appraisal, Implementation, Monitoring & Performance Evaluation
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Policy Formulation
- Technology & Market (Export) Identification, Sourcing and Tie-up
- Market Research, Forecasting, Modeling, Pricing, Strategic Positioning and Marketing
- Institutional Restructuring, Capacity Building & Business Process Innovation
- Sectoral Economic surveys & Research Studies
- Capacity Building
- Sustainable Livelihood
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Irrigation and Fisheries
- Rural Development
- Industry (Including SME, Khadi and Village Industries, Handicraft and Cottage Industries, Textile and Handloom)
- SME Sector, Khadi and Village Industries, Textile and Handloom, Handicraft and Cottage Industries
- Labour and Employment (including migration, child labour and gender issues)
- Forestry and Environment (including EIA, Resettlement, Herbs and alternative medicine and Gender)
- Infrastructure Development (Project implementation and impact assessment, tendering, negotiation, contract preparation and administration, socio-economic surveys)
- Social Sectors (Health, Sanitation, Family Welfare; Primary/Informal Education and Training, Tribal Development and Welfare-Policy, Strategy and Implementation)
- Decentralization (District, Blocks and Micro Plans, Urban sector planning, Municipalities / Corporation Reforms Management; Restructuring and Capacity Building Training
- Regional Development (Sectoral Developments: Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure, Markets etc. Planning, Investment, Management Support and Capacity Building Financial Management, MIS and IT, and Impact Assessment)
Structural adjustment and sectoral adjustment operations, growth, income distribution, balance of payments, public debt
Agriculture (including fisheries)
Agricultural policy and strategy, land policy and reforms, sector adjustment/Investment programme, economic and sector work (ESW), identification, preparation, appraisal, implementation, MIS, evaluation; agricultural diversification (horticulture, medicinal plantation, orchid plantation and other value added agri-business), marine and inland fisheries, household food security, livelihood development, WTO and agricultural trade, capacity building and training, agro-industrial development, and IT solutions.
Forestry and Environment
Sector adjustment/investment programme, identification, preparation, appraisal, economic and sector work, environment management development, financial planning, management & control, decentralization of management, gender planning, traditional/alternative system of medicine, and commercialization of herbs
Rural development policy and strategy for development financing institutions and member recipient countries/regions, economic and sector work, programme/project identification, preparation, appraisal, sustainable livelihood development, employment, micro-finance, eco-tourism and bio-diversity preservation and development, socio-economic evaluation, IT-MIS development, capacity building and training
Cross Cutting sectors
Poverty estimates across regions, districts, sectors (rural urban), groups (general, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), farmers, agricultural labourers, artisans, women headed households, preparation of poverty reduction strategy papers (PRSP), livelihood and poverty, gender dimensions of poverty, environment and gender, micro-enterprises and micro-finance, rights of women and children and women and child trafficking, alcoholism and domestic violence, poverty, exploitation and terrorism.
In industrial sector we have expertise in: Expansion, diversification and modernisation of existing projects; arrangement of technical know-how and transfer of technology, funding and marketing tie-ups; corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions. ERP/CRM/E-commerce customized solutions, quality control, standardization and certification; small and medium enterprises (SME), policy, planning, performance evaluation,
Labour and Employment
Review and implementation of labour laws including minimum wages, child labour, gender issues, employment and exploitation, migration: rural and rural-Urban, estimation of employment elasticity with respect to macro and sectoral growth - development of labour intensive programmes for various sectors, training programmes for capacity building through skills development at decentralized level.
For irrigation, energy, transport sectors: socio-economic surveys, cost- benefit analysis, procurement support, bid documents, pre-qualification; review of bid-process, Contract preparation, negotiations advice; arrangement of finance, development of IT-financial reviews, pre-Audit inspection accounts; post audit advice; environment impact assessment (EIA), project impact assessment study; specific fund study for operation and maintenance.
Health, sanitation, nutrition and family welfare; primary/informal education training, sector review; procurement support; socio-economic benchmark and impact assessment; information technology and management development support; financial management training for capacity building; specific surveys; tribal development and welfare-policy, strategy and development of plan/project implementation framework; programmes/projects: identification, preparation, appraisal; sector work; training and capacity building; decentralization of management and finance; development of markets and communication; information technology and MIS; socio-economic evaluation.
District, Block and Micro Plans, local governments; municipalities / corporation reforms; management; restructuring and capacity building and training; finance: review of sources of revenue and expenditure advice on revenue augmentation and cost-effective programme execution; development of computerized MIS through advance IT; involvement of NGO in various local-self programmes, NGO training including training of trainers.
Development policy, strategy and plan formulation for different regions with specific weightage in resources allocation, management orientation and financial autonomy and accountability; sectoral interventions at regional levels; macro-regional, district plan integration, specific sectoral and sub-sectoral studies for development of backward regions and disadvantaged populations.
Institutional Evaluation and Restructuring
Evaluating institutional structure in relation to objectives and performance and suggesting least-cost alternative structure, business process innovations to minimise cost and maximizing objective function in the medium and long-term perspective and institutional sustainability are our strong areas.
Training and Capacity Building
We develop training courses and prepare training modules, identify resource persons for multi-lateral organisations, university teachers, government departments, NGOs and conduct training courses for their managers and staff on project management and financial issues. We also depute experts specially invited to deliver lectures in conferences and seminars and organise seminars and workshops at state, regional and district levels. We help NGOs in carrying out special studies by providing training to their management and staff.�